This is NOT a Retreat!
The dictionary defines CHARGE \'charj\ n. as:
- An advance against an enemy; the signal to attack.
- That which is committed or entrusted to another, implying care, custody, oversight or duty to be performed by the person entrusted.
- An exhortation.
- An underage person placed under the supervision of authority.
- That which is displayed upon a flag or shield by which the bearers are identified and distiquished from others.
- That which energizes; a quantity of explosive material.
- A thrill.
Our purpose for Charge! events is to fulfill all of this definition... and more.
- To sound a call to rise up as men of the Kingdom of God and carry the Gospel forward in our families, our communities, and the world.
- To hold eachother accountable to pass on the message of truth and grace to others who will, in turn, pass it on again, as Paul instucts Timothy in 2 Timothy 2:1, 2.
- To faithfully exhort men and young men with the Word of God.
- To acknowledge ourselves as men under God's authority and to encourage and disciple younger men.
- To take up the standard of our Lord Jesus Christ and identify with Him and with the community of believers in the Body of Christ.
- To motivate and equip with teaching that can inspire and strengthen and transform lives.
"Rise up, O Men of God! Have done with lesser things;
Give heart and soul and mind and strength
To serve the King of Kings."
At a Turning Hearts Ministries' Charge! you will:
- be challenged by teaching and discussion of God's Word;
- enjoy a motivating time of worship, fellowship, and fun with other men and young men; and
- get charged up to serve God with greater commitment and advance His kingdom with greater boldness.